[googlemap address=”Chickee Dr Naples, FL 34114″ width=”300″ height=”300″ position=”right”]Often asked about the name of this neighborhood in Naples, we love to tell the story of Charley and Lee Smith. Charley was very active in the early years of this affiliate, working tirelessly to share the vision of a world without poverty housing. Through his efforts, several of our strong partner congregations became active in funding homes and volunteering in many ways.
Many years ago, Charley and his wife, Lee established a significant planned gift to continue to build even beyond their lifetimes. In gratitude for their vision, we named this neighborhood of 122 homes for them. Charlee Estates is located in East Naples, 3 miles east of Collier Blvd. on Tamiami Trail.
- 122 homes built at a cost of $11,100,000
- 35 acres of raw land purchased for $1,200,000
- Infrastructure (roads, water, sewer, landscaping) $3,000,000
- Home construction (materials, sub-contractors, administration, insurance and fees, closing costs) $6,900,000
Board of Directors
- President: Silvestre Rodriguez
- Vice President: Jonas Francoeur
- Secretary: Eva Martinez
- Treasurer: Pedro Brito
- Humberto Garcia