Title: AmeriCorps VISTA – Family Services Development
Reports to: Director of Family Services
Location: Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, 11145 Tamiami Trail E., Naples, FL 34113
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members focus on indirect service activities. This means they engage indirectly setting up systems, program and procedures with their assigned host site.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA member to fill the position of Family Services Development. This position must work through AmeriCorps VISTA. If you are an AmeriCorps VISTA Member, please apply directly through http://www.habitat.org/americorps.
- Develop, document and implement a plan for partner family recruitment, training, tracking, scheduling and support in order to increase the overall partner family experience for participants.
- Conduct surveys of homeowners; Compile, analyze, report and present survey data.
- Identify and evaluate housing stock in Naples & Immokalee communities for future building.
- Develop, document and implement new operations and processes to create improvements in quality and/or capacity in the area of family services.
- Input data into the Success Measures system and proceed evaluating the effect of homeownership on focused groups.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience helpful
- Experience working as a member of a team helpful
- Project management experience helpful
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish or Creole/French
- Candidate must have the ability to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- About 20% of this position requires outreach in the community, including visiting buildings and homes that may have stairs, as well as serving on project sites that might have uneven terrain.