Title: Chief Financial Officer Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
About Habitat for Humanity of Collier County: Habitat for Humanity of Collier County Florida is one of the nation’s oldest and most successful Habitat Affiliates. We serve the segment of Collier County’s workforce that exhibits the most need for adequate housing, a population that is diverse in age, ethnicity, language, gender and ability, but unique in socio-economic status and that has a tremendous desire to provide a better life for their families. Habitat builds homes in partnership with qualifying families, who invest “sweat equity” in their own homes and who purchase their homes with an affordable at-cost mortgage.
Since 1978, Habitat Collier has served over 2,000 hardworking local families and has been recognized as a Four Star Charity for 10 consecutive years including being named as number one in the country for Housing and Community Development in 2015 and being in the top 1% of all U.S. Charities in 2016.
The Role of the CFO: The Chief Financial Officer as a member of the Executive Leadership Team is focused on the Habitat Mission and the long term financial sustainability of the affiliate. This includes oversight of all financial aspects of ongoing operations including required state, federal and Board of Directors reporting. The CFO also sets long term direction for the Capital Structure and financial health of the organization. As an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors Finance Committee the CFO will assist the Treasurer in financial risk assessment and the definition of debt structures and liquidity requirements.
- Oversee the financial aspects of ongoing operations by:
- Overseeing the preparation and approval of the annual financial plan and the long term Affiliate Financial Plan.
- Managing ongoing financial operations including timely reporting to Affiliate leadership and communication to external agencies and communities.
- Assuring that adequate operating policies, procedures and controls are in place to transparently conform to all legal, regulatory, grant and funding requirements.
- Monitoring the need for any significant financing arrangements needed to support the achievement of the annual financial plan and by proposing preferred options to meet those needs.
- Assessing and improving the accounting process in order to provide timely, accurate and insightful information to help plan for and operate the Affiliate.
- Preparing for and guiding the completion of the annual internal and external audits and leading efforts to address any audit findings.
- Lead the definition and maintenance of a long term financial strategy to sustain and expand Affiliate operations by:
- Monitoring financial trends and as appropriate expand the financial resources available to the affiliate.
- Establishing and maintaining banking relationships to effectively support the financial strategy
- Setting direction for and securing attractive options for mortgage sales and collateralization.
- Supporting the achievement of the long term Land Development Plan by participating in significant land development decisions and by proposing effective financing strategies to support the plan.
- A willingness and passion to further the Habitat mission.
- A history of successful financial leadership experiences in diverse, complex organizations as a CFO or as a direct report to a CFO.
- Successful experiences in working with committed and knowledgeable Board of Directors and Committee members.
- Demonstrated skills in managing, mentoring and leading teams.
- The highest commitment to professionalism, integrity and transparency.
- Skills in change management, business process redesign and systems implementation are beneficial.
- Relevant undergraduate and graduate degrees including an MBA and/or M.A. CPA or CMA certification preferred.