Habitat for Humanity of Collier County
Position: Construction Framer-Naples
Reports to: Director of Construction
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is one of the oldest and largest producing Habitat affiliates in the nation. More than 1,850 families who once lived in inadequate housing now own a simple, decent home of their own, having broken the cycle of poverty through their partnership with Habitat Collier. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are considered for position(s) without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for a full-time Construction Framer. The role of this position will require specialization in house framing and floor, wall, and ceiling assembly. To be considered for this position, a candidate must also have general knowledge of most construction trades including but not limited to Siding, Flooring, Painting, Tiling, Roofing, Landscaping, Carpentry, and Baseboards/Molding work. Being fluent in Spanish & English is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to plan, organize and complete house framing projects based on established timelines.
- Ability to understand complex mathematical concepts in both algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Quality control of construction projects to support meeting all established quality requirements while supporting the timeline of each project.
- Inventory control to include verifying that the necessary inventory is available for each project when needed while maintaining a “Just In Time” model to verify excess materials are not an issue.
- Provide instruction and training to volunteers regarding the building aspect they are assigned to. Verify they receive both quality and safety instruction.
- Great communication skills to verify all around you are clear on the instructions / task at hand and can conduct it within scope.
- Attention to detail with regard to all aspects of the role.
- Schedule work flow for each project and communicate with supervisor when schedule needs alteration for any reason.
- Daily reporting to Director of Construction regarding project status.
- Responsible for the safety of self and others around the construction site by verifying knowledge of safety rules is shared, all personal protective equipment is worn, and all OSHA guidelines are followed.
- Ability to work on many different aspects of house construction to include but not limited to framing, roofing, siding, flooring, rough and finish carpentry, painting, landscaping as this role will work alongside the volunteers throughout the project on the many tasks needed for completion of the home.
- 3+ years experience in construction framing. 3+ years experience in general construction essential.
- Current Florida Driver’s License
- Proof of insurance at or above the Florida minimum requirements.
- Knowledge of Florida Building Code (preferred)
- OSHA safety qualifications (preferred)
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Construction tools
- Construction site
To apply, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.