To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Reporting to the CFO, the candidate is responsible for General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions including Monthly Closings, Budgets, Payroll and A/P. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
This position must address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. He or she is responsible for maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County (“HFHCC”), is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating, and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions.
Oversees the general accounting function, which includes, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management, asset management as well as financial analysis and grant financial and compliance reporting.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinate and oversee all financial activities relative to internal controls documentation with testing and segregation of duties.
- Responsible to ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid expenses with proper management authorization are paid.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Ensure that company financial records are prepared reconciled and maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for the preparation of the single audit A-133 reporting and related supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the preparation of Grant financial reporting (including County, Federal, and other Grants as needed) and related compliance required.
- Assist with the monitoring of computer systems to assure they operate as required. Involved in validating/designing and suggested IT changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Work as primary contact for external GAAP audits and Single Audits (A-133) of the company financial records. Responsibility to include implementation of agreed-upon recommendations, resulting from any audit findings and spearheading the implementation of any recommendations for closure.
- Assist in the evaluation to assure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities. Participate in the continued development of the accounting associates.
- Management responsibility to include the entire employment lifecycle for assigned direct reports. Setting the expectation for professional, confidential actions performed at the highest ethical expectations with a positive attitude is a key accountability.
- Be the point person with external Information Technology third-party support.
- Manage all organizational insurance coverage, including workmen’s compensation, general liability; fleet auto coverage, directors’ and officers’ (D&O) policy, medical and other employee benefit plans, etc., as appropriate, looking for best alternatives.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting with CPA certification or Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 – 8 years of Public Accounting or Private Industry accounting experience.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Experience supporting and working with Human Resources (programs, payroll, and benefit administration) and Information Technology (basic networking and PC management) support strongly desired.
- Experience in nonprofit accounting including preparation of internal reports and grant accounting is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is required. “QuickBooks Enterprise” experience is preferred along with payroll management experience.
- Must be a master of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting is required. Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
This organization is an EOE.
Job Type: Full-time