Title: Donations Ambassador/Driver Reports to: Logistics Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work for a nationally known and respected non-profit organization that assists families in Collier County. The employee will assist in the pick-up of donated items, handle and/or allocate donated items, and assist customers when needed. This position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to use professional values and ethics to effectively interact with others, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Major Responsibilities – Essential Job Functions
- Understand and promote Habitat’s Mission and Vision.
- Safely operate and drive a 26-foot box truck with a lift gate or any other assigned company vehicle.
- Accept furniture donations using the mandatory donation criteria and current technology provided by Habitat for Humanity.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, able to effectively handle customer questions and complaints.
- Identify potential top selling items and report to the Logistics department.
- Lead volunteer groups and/or individual volunteers; train volunteers on how to properly accept, move, process and merchandise donations.
- Move large merchandise around the store, warehouse and on/off trucks, following all safety and lifting procedures.
- Safely operate moving equipment in an appropriate manner at all times, following all guidelines for safe moving and lifting.
- Assure regular maintenance and repair of vehicles and tools, documenting all vehicle maintenance and verifying only approved vendors are used for service.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment in the truck and work area.
- Understand and follow OSHA regulations as it relates to store safety, driving, lifting, and used building materials.
- Must maintain a current Florida driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check
- Must pass drug test
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Able to be flexible and perform other projects and duties as assigned/required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified employee will be able to support the following essential qualities, knowledge, skills and abilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to be considered a qualified candidate for the role.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, operating and procedure instructions, and safety requirements. Ability to speak effectively and respectfully before individuals or groups of people, to include board members, volunteers, customers or any other member of the community.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concept like percentages to practical situations. Ability to explain those mathematical concepts to others.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization typically exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, stoop, crawl, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a similar position, with at least one years of relevant experience.
- Current Florida Driver License
- Proof of insurance at or above the Florida minimum requirements
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Computer, IPad, Copier, Phone
- Register (POS system)
- Dolly, ladder, pallet jack, manual and hand tools
- ReStore – Indoor conditions
- Warehouse – Indoor conditions
- Box Truck – Outdoor conditions