Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for a full-time Family Services Advisor in our Immokalee Office. The best candidate for this position will have strong communication and interpersonal skills (Second language listed below is REQUIRED). They will also be adaptive, flexible, energetic, and motivated. We are looking for someone that wants to work side by side with us to accomplish our mission!
- Conduct pre-qualifying interviews with potential applicants
- Receive and qualify incoming applications
- Explain and establish expectations of the loan closing process to approved applicants
- Execute and manage the homeowner closing according to an agreed schedule
- Fulfill post-closing responsibilities
Description of Responsibilities
- Review qualifications with inquiring applicants
- Receive, review and ensure all application documents are returned
- Maintain pipeline and tracking information on all inquiries
- Run background checks, screen and qualify all complete applications
- Meet with families
- Provide as necessary information and documents for down payment assistance and grants
- Obtain all required information and documentation for closing
- Make sure applicants fulfill their educational responsibilities
- Conduct Closing Meeting with Homeowners
- Provide Homeowners with closing documents including a Store Card
- Transfer utility accounts to new homeowners
- Send reminders to homeowners to apply for homestead exemption
- Provide continuing support to homeowners
- Explain and coordinate application for free life insurance for the eligible homeowners
- Other duties as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be comfortable with computer usage and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software. Good communication skill is important with multi lingual capability in Spanish and/or Creole/French is critical to being effective. Skill with simple math calculations is important.
Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years working in a business environment required.
Real Estate experience helpful.