Title: Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Major Responsibilities – Essential Job Functions
Marketing and Community Relations
- Develop a comprehensive and cost effective advertising and marketing program for the Habitat Stores with particular emphasis on the tie-in to the HFH mission.
- Raise the profile of the Habitat Stores in the community.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with donors, contractors, and community service organizations.
- Build a quality base of donors to ensure a consistent flow and availability of materials.
- Collaborate with other ReStores and Resale stores on large in-kind donations.
- Represent program through personal contacts and public speaking engagements.
- Network with other Habitat stores, Chamber of Commerce, CBIA and other Nonprofits.
- Work with Development team to evaluate potential donor growth and retention.
- Create donor opportunities for Stores to further the Affiliate’s Mission.
- Increase store donations 5% a year.
Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures
- Identify store donation policies that need to be drafted and recommend modifications to existing policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This individual must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHCC. Qualified candidates must possess above-average written and verbal communication skills. Public speaking experience is required. Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and the ability to multi-task. This individual must be detail-oriented and able to work independently. Excellent people skills required. Must be able to deal with all kinds of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor. Must have experience working with major donors and be able to communicate effectively and professionally with them and the customers we serve. Excellent computer skills (particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite) required. Individual will be willing to work off hours, Holidays and weekends as necessary. Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record. Travel will be required.
The qualified employee will be able to support the following essential qualities, knowledge, skills and abilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to be considered a qualified candidate for the role.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, operating and procedure instructions, and safety requirements. Ability to speak effectively and respectfully before individuals or groups of people, to include board members, volunteers, customers, or any other member of the community.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to apply concept like percentages to practical situations. Ability to explain those mathematical concepts to others.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization typically exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This individual will be expected to assist the staff in performing store functions and, therefore, must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, stoop, crawl, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Needs to have the ability to work at the computer for an extended period of time.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience will be considered. Should be knowledgeable in retail sales, real estate, marketing, and salvage and environmental.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience in retail operation and management is required. Candidate must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results by building and leading successful teams. Experience fostering growth in a retail environment. Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with groups, committees, and individuals.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Computer, iPad, copier, phone, register (POS system), moving equipment, ladder, manual and electric hand tools
- Indoor conditions – Office, ReStores, Warehouse
- Outdoor conditions – Similar to Outdoor Sales