Title: Receptionist – Family Services
Reports to: Director of Family Services
Location: Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, 11145 Tamiami Trail E., Naples
What is YAMM?
The Young Adult Missional Movement is to identify, recognize, gather & encourage all expressions of young adults in missional service in the Florida Conference. This is a yearlong program for young adults to experience the love of God by building cooperative living, meaningful work & community engagement. YAMM provides support in the way of coaching, encouraging and connecting young adults together, to prevent mistakes, exchange best practices, support spiritual development and facilitate reflection, action and growth. Applications are available online or by mail. Submit them as soon as possible for best match to potential placements. Program starts at the end of August. Each house moves in on different days. Current students may participate as long as they can adequately plan for time commitments and fulfill work expectations at placement site. House teams are often incredibly diverse in age, gender, education, theological background and orientation.
If you are interested in the position below as a YAMM Participant, please contact:
Heidi Aspinwall, Director
Florida Annual Conference United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr. Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for a full-time Receptionist (YAMM). All interested candidates must contact Heidi Aspinwall with the above contact information to apply for any YAMM position. This is an opportunity to develop professional skills in an office environment while assisting low income families with their shelter needs. The best candidate for this position will have strong communication and interpersonal skills (Bilingual Required, Trilingual highly desirable). They will also be adaptive, flexible, energetic, and motivated. We are looking for someone that wants to work side by side with us to accomplish our mission, while also gaining essential work experience and professional development.
- Answer phones, assist homeowners who inquire about Habitat programs and assist with front reception desk duties.
- Conduct Pre-Application interviews with interested applicants
- Create files for home mortgage applicants who are given applications.
- Collect mortgage payments and provide payment status information to homeowners.
- As needed, provide Creole translation for staff homeowners and home applicants.
- Assist Family Services Advisors in processing and recording Habitat applicant files as requested.
Description of Responsibilities
- Answer the phones to ensure that callers either receive the information they need or are transferred to the person they need to speak with. As necessary take messages from callers and deliver the messages in writing to the person requested to reply.
- Conduct Pre-Application interviews for interested applicants, informing them of the Habitat process and requirements and determining if an application is desired.
- Accurately enter applicant identification, address and government monitoring information into Family Services systems.
- Collect mortgage payments, assist homeowners in the process of payment. Advise homeowners of pertinent information about their payment and status in the collection process. Schedule meetings for those on the Delinquency Report.
- Provide application forms and document checklists to applicants for Habitat homes; answer questions and assist them in completing the forms.
- Assist the Director or Advisors with file creation and maintenance.
- Additional work as requested and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- 1+ year experience in an office environment
- Proficiency with written and spoken English & Creole required