Title: ReStore Home Furnishings Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Do you enjoy working with people?
Would you like to be a part of something that gives back to your community?
Would it feel good to you if your hard work made a difference in someone’s life?
Can you lift or move up to 75 pounds on a consistent basis?
We offer salary based on experience, 401k/403b, health benefits, vacation and personal time and paid holidays. We also offer a friendly and fun place to work with no nights or Sundays!
Summary of the Role:
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for a ReStore Associate for our Home Furnishings location on the East Trail. This employee will frequently move and lift furniture, complete some store maintenance, clean, operate a cash register and offer great customer service. To be considered for this position, a candidate must be capable of performing the essential duties and responsibilities as well as meet additional requirements. Being fluent in both Spanish & English is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move large merchandise around store, warehouse and on/off trucks.
- Accept furniture donations and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service at all times.
- Process donations by inspecting, cleaning and merchandising.
- Help maintain a clean and organized store and warehouse, ensuring proper housekeeping and organization are kept to the specified standards.
- Perform basic store maintenance and cleaning.
- Greet and assist customers who are shopping, picking up their purchases, or calling the store.
- Learn the Point of Sale system and assist customers as a cashier when needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding operations and safety
- Understand and promotes Habitat’s Mission and Vision.
- Other projects and duties as assigned/required.
Current Florida Driver’s License
Required to work Saturdays.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Telephone, Computer, IPad, Copier, etc.
- Register (POS system)
- Dollies; Manual and electric hand tools
- ReStores – Indoor conditions
- Warehouse – Indoor conditions
- Box Truck – Outdoor conditions
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seek to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities, and hope. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action.
Our ReStores are more than your average second-hand shop. We provide the local community access to high-quality products at affordable prices while also offering a critical funding stream for the construction of affordable Habitat homes. Local businesses, homeowner’s associations, retailers, and individuals donate new and gently used household and construction items to our stores, and the proceeds from the sale of those items go directly to help fund the building of safe and decent housing for our local workforce.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for position(s) without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.