Job Title: Scanning Clerk (YAMM)
Location: Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, 11145 Tamiami Trail E., Naples
What is YAMM?
The Young Adult Missional Movement is to identify, recognize, gather & encourage all expressions of young adults in missional service in the Florida Conference. This is a yearlong program for young adults to experience the love of God by building cooperative living, meaningful work & community engagement. YAMM provide support in the way of coaching, encouraging and connecting young adults together, to prevent mistakes, exchange best practices, support spiritual development and facilitate reflection, action and growth. Applications are available online or by mail. Submit them as soon as possible for best match to potential placements. Program starts at the end of August. Each house moves in on different days. Current students may participate as long as they can adequately plan for time commitments and fulfill work expectations at placement site. House teams are often incredibly diverse in age, gender, education, theological background and orientation.
To discover what YAMM is all about, please visit their website: http://www.flumc.org/youngadultmissionalmovement
If you are interested in the position below as a YAMM Participant, please contact:
Heidi Aspinwall, Director
Florida Annual Conference United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr. Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is one of the oldest and largest producing Habitat affiliates in the nation. More than 2,000 families who once lived in inadequate housing now own a simple, decent home of their own, having broken the cycle of poverty through their partnership with Habitat Collier. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for position(s) without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is looking for a full-time Scanning Clerk (YAMM). All interested candidates must contact Heidi Aspinwall with the above contact information to apply for any YAMM position. This is an opportunity to develop professional skills in an office environment while assisting low income families with their shelter needs. The best candidate for this position will be someone who is meticulous to detail, works well independently, and is extremely organized. We are looking for someone that wants to work side by side with us to accomplish our mission, while also gaining essential work experience and professional development.
- Work with both paper documents and electronic files by utilizing data entry, organization, cross-referencing, scanning, copying and retrieval.
- Ensure file room and electronic file storage is well organized.
- Organize, scan, verify and store all paper documents.
- Coach/Explain the filing system to others.
- Assist with identifying retention and/or purge records.
Description of Responsibilities
- Organize and maintain file room.
- Organize, scan, verify and store electronic files into databases and/or network locations as outlined by our scanning procedure.
- Identify retention and/ or purge records; assist with purging records as needed.
- Integrate historic scanned files into databases and/or network locations as outlined by our scanning procedure.
- Work closely with all Directors, Board Members, Volunteers, and Staff to educate them on filing and electronic file procedures.
- Additional work as requested and/or assigned.
High School Diploma required, higher degree desirable
1+ year experience in an office environment (preferred)