We are currently seeking an experienced Digital Media Coordinator to join our team in Naples, FL.
Who we are:
Habitat works toward our vision by building strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with families in need of decent and affordable housing. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage.
Title: Website and Digital Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Major Responsibilities – Essential Job Functions
- Work as an administrator to the Habitat Collier websites, managing content, maintaining and updating design, and troubleshooting and correcting any website issues
- Publish content, maintains continuity of themes, designs layout, streamlines navigation and monitors website analytics
- Work with Marketing and PR Coordinator to develop content and integrate it into the website
- Expand the HabitatCollier.org website to include a homeowner portal for Habitat Collier mortgage holders and community HOAs, maintain content
- Design marketing collateral for Habitat Collier ReStores
- Work with print vendors to order signage/marketing materials as needed
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Photograph various subjects including partner families, volunteers, and events
- Support the team throughout the production process, which may include pre-production, subject interviews, and creating graphics
- Help to sustain and guide creative process
- Needs of specific projects may occasionally require work during irregular business hours or on weekends
- Videography and video editing skills a major plus
*Position responsibilities may change to fit production needs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified employee will be able to support the following essential qualities: web design and maintenance, graphic design, photography, excellent “people skills”, tech-savvy, ability to balance competing priorities, capacity to work independently and complete assignments with minimal supervision, functions well in a team environment.
Tools & Equipment used:
The qualified employee will have experience using WordPress, Mac OS and PC, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite CC and Canon DSLR cameras. Experience with Adobe Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, lighting and audio equipment a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as guidelines, operating and procedure instructions, and safety requirements. Ability to speak effectively and respectfully before individuals or groups of people, to include board members, volunteers, donors, customers, or any other member of the community. Bi-lingual capabilities in English and either Spanish or Creole are highly desirable. Must have the ability to effectively communicate in writing using proper grammar.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to apply concepts like percentages to practical situations. Ability to explain those mathematical concepts to others.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization typically exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, stoop, crawl, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is typically indoors with outdoor times to support gathering information, attending events and photography.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a similar role
- Current Florida driver’s license, maintain driving record that is acceptable to our insurer. (Note, driving infractions during employment that remove you from being eligible for coverage by our insurer may make you unqualified to hold a position.)
If interested please submit a cover letter along with an example of your work.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is one of the oldest and largest producing Habitat affiliates in the nation. More than 2,100 families who once lived in inadequate housing now own a simple, decent home of their own, having broken the cycle of poverty through their partnership with Habitat Collier. Habitat for Humanity of Collier County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action.
Habitat for Humanity of Collier County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for position(s) without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multilingual: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Required)
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- WordPress: 2 years (Required)
- Driver License (Required)